The overall objective of the Renart project is to evaluate new biomarkers of vascular calcification in chronic kidney disease from research based on proteomics, molecular and cellular biology. The project also aims to develop a computer assisted score for vascular calcifications using a comprehensive approach, with consequences on prognosis and therapeutic interventional strategies at patients with chronic kidney disease.
- Analysis of biomarkers for arterial calcification in patients with chronic kidney disease from research based on proteomics, molecular and cellular biology.
- Analysis of associations between various biomarkers and severity of arterial calcification in the intima and media in chronic kidney disease.Elaborarea unui model matematic pentru scorificarea calcificărilor vasculare.
- Development of a mathematical model for vascular calcification scoring.
- Development of a computer-aided score for assessing vascular calcification in chronic kidney disease - ArterioTest.
- Elaboration of a user manual, transfer of protocols and technologies to ITC and to clinical users by organizing thematic workshops and conferences.
- Development of a Network of Excellence connected to the national and international study groups on bone, kidney, heart, and supported by scientific publications, organization of workshops and conferences.
- Development of a website to facilitate the communication among the participating centers and the dissemination of project's results.